Sun-date


I finally managed to grab hold of the girl today who is back from Perth after a year (she's been back for five weeks wtf). It made me realise how time flies because the last time I saw her we had dimsum at Katong. It feels like it was just two months ago.


So this time, we decided to go for something more westernised at Wimbly Lu. I have never been picky about eating because I believe that food is just for survivability and you know, why bother spending so much on something with the sole purpose of fueling the body? But yeah, ever since I met D, that foodie has been bringing me to many food adventures (story for another day) and they were actually mostly cheap and yummy! n_n

As I was saying (I deserve the prize for top digresser thank you), we had lunch and we spoke so much about universities, building portfolios and securing a job in the advertising/fashion industry (I suppose life now is all about the concern for a better future). Oh how she would stay up until four in the morning to send her resumé to Harper's BAZAAR just so hers would be the first in the e-mail list #asians LOL. Sure enough though, she scored an interview and was employed as an intern within a few days wtf.

I went on to meet D for our supposed gym session but we ended up having a three-hour long talk at a bench because things have been rough between us and I have been so nettled by it. As always, our problems weren't solved and I came home with ruptured insides. AND I CAME BACK SEEING THIS.

TO THIS.


THIS. Was the beginning of our beautiful love story. Of a time I realised I was in love. Of a time we went against what our minds told us (not to fall in love with each other) and followed our hearts. It is true what they say about the best love story being the one where you fall in love with the most unexpected person at the most unexpected time.


I don't know when, I don't know how did we fall into this rut. All I know is that I want to feel the sunlight warm and soothing on my naked skin again.

No comments:

Post a Comment